What is serum and why should it be in my skincare routine?
Why may I use Dermal Sérum on my face and body?
If I use Dermal Sérum, do I also need a moisturizer?
What ingredients are allowed in Protéger products?
The term “clean skincare” is ubiquitous and meaningless. There is no federally recognized definition so each company can create their own. Instead, we’ve adopted the cosmetic ingredient standards set forth by two organizations: the European Union and EcoCert.
Our European Union compliant formulas exclude over 1,300 chemicals that are known or suspected to cause bodily harm (e.g. cancer, genetic mutation, reproductive harm or birth defects). In comparison, the U.S. FDA has only banned or restricted 11 chemicals from cosmetics.
We follow the below sourcing standards:
- Raw materials must be obtained from renewable, eco-friendly sources and carefully processed.
- The products must be free from GMOs (genetically modified organisms), parabens, phenoxyethanol, nanoparticles, silicone, PEG, synthetic perfumes or dyes and animal products
- At least 95% of the total ingredients must stem from natural origin
- The packaging must be biodegradable or recyclable
What is stabilized Vitamin C?
Why is Dermal Sérum fragrance-free?
Dermal Serum omits fragrance for several reasons:
- If you apply other products or perfume to your body, we don't want to adulterate the smells you already love.
- Fragrance can be polarizing. Since this product is designed for broad surface area, we wanted any smell to dissipate just as quickly as it absorbs into the skin..
- Organic skincare is often scented with essential oils, which can cause irritation and allergen contact dermatitis. Dermal Sérum's natural scent comes from its 100% organic aloe leaf juice and neutralizes upon absorption.
Is Dermal Sérum for everybody?
Is Dermal Serum safe to use during pregnancy?
How long will my Dermal Serum last?
While we like to nourish our skin from head-to-toe, many people prioritize
Dermal Sérum for facial care only --our 6.76oz goes a long way.
What's the product expiration date?
Food we put into our bodies include expiration dates, so why would products we put on your bodies be any different? There are no U.S. laws or regulations requiring expiration dates on skincare product labels. We believe in a more transparent standard.
Shelf Life = 2 years
Period After Opening = 6 months
These timeframes have been determined for Dermal Sérum through physical, chemical, and microbiological stability testing.
What should I expect from an organic skincare product?
Guilt-free luxury. Our EcoCert Greenlife Certified laboratory* adheres to ecoresponsible manufacturing standards including no chemical synthetic pesticides and GMOs. Our products are always botanically derived, vegan, cruelty-free, and gluten-free. Slight variations in scent and appearance for skincare is the beauty of an organic, plant-based formula. Many organic skincare companies, like Protéger, formulate in small batches since the shelf life is often shorter. This is a good thing. This means there is less production waste and there are no harmful preservatives, like parabens, trying to keep your skincare as fresh as Wonderbread.
*the highest global benchmark in organic cosmetic certification